Here you can find video, audio, and photos from past research events.
Do not cite this material without the written permission of the author.
- Research Seminar: ‘The Reality of Aesthetic Injustice’ by Daisy Dixon (University of Cambridge)
- Book Symposium – Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight: A Philosophical Exploration, edited by Hans Maes (University of Kent) and Katrien Schaubroeck (University of Antwerp).
- Book Symposium: Satire, Comedy and Mental Health by Dieter Declercq
- Kathrine Cuccuru – From The Hypsous to The Bathous: The Problem of the False Sublime in Early Eighteenth-Century England
- Murray Smith – The Paradox of Football
- Jason Leddington – Savouring the Impossible
- Murray Smith – Remain in Light: Philosophical Naturalism, Aesthetic Value and, Cultural Crosstalk
- James Shelley – What’s the difference between still pictures and motion pictures?
- Nathan Wildman – A Moral Argument for Video Games
- Jonathan Friday – The Stillness of Pictures and the Representation of Movement
- Elisa Caldarola – Exhibitions and Museums: When are They Art?
- Nils-Hennes Stear – Is Aesthetic Immoralism Obviously True?
- Reading group “Black Reconstruction in Aesthetics” – Paul C Taylor
- Julian Hanich – Why Film Studies Needs More Fine-Grained Emotion Terms
- Catharine Abell – The Norms of Realism and the Case of Non-Traditional Casting
- Dan Cavedon-Taylor – The Causal Theory of Photography and Anti-Empiricist Evaluations
- Stacie Friend: Truth in Criticism
- Jesse Prinz: Art and Wonder
- Art, Aesthetics and Beyond: 3rd BSA PG Conference
- De Gustibus: Arguing about Taste with Peter Kivy
- Anne Eaton – Propaganda, Pornography, Pictures, and Persuasion
- Just A Game? The Aesthetics and Ethics of Video Games
- Jenefer Robinson – Empathy through/with/for Music
- Richard Allen – The Passion of Christ and the Melodramatic Imagination
- Confined Projections
- Andrew Huddleston – Why I Am Not an Intentionalist
- Symposium on Cinema, Embodiment, and the Aesthetics of Pornography
- Berys Gaut – The Value of Creativity
- Julian Hanich: I, You and We
- Elisabeth Schellekens: On Sensible and Intelligible Beauty
- Dominic McIver Lopes: Aesthetic Experts, Guides to Value
- Interact: BSA PG Conference
- Dominic Topp – Nouveau cinéma: from fragmentation to unity, or What Cahiers du cinéma did next…
- Sarah Cardwell: research seminar
- Chris Solomon: The Face of Beauty
- Diarmuid Costello: “Standard Philosophy of Photography: Tracing the Roots of the Orthodox Paradigm”
- Ted Nannicelli: Making Do With Agency
- A Symposium on Villains
- Anne Eaton – A Lady on the Street But a Freak in the Bed
- 7-8 February 2015: Interact!
- 26 – 27 June: Aesthetics, Normativity, and Reason